Varnish code coverage results online

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Jan 6 12:05:23 CET 2017

--------
In message <CABoVN9Aym1aQj+=7k93eYf1jyZmCq9Ys0KmG3rCTKwTSKXHypg at mail.gmail.com>, Dridi Boukelmoune
writes:

>> I have also, at the same time raised the official project goal to
>> "90%+ of *all* executable code tested automatically".
>
>Only line coverage? Nothing for branches?
>
>90% branch coverage is even a bigger challenge ;)

That's probably impossible, given the number of asserts we have.

>Another thing: if we want proper code coverage reports, [...]

Are my my l33t HTML skills not proper ?!

Seriously:  This is good enough to tell us which bits of our
code isn't covered by "make check", which is the important part.

Merging in data from other runs would not be a problem, my scripts
already has support for merging because some sourcefiles drop .gcda
in multiple directories already.  We'd just need to set up a client
to run "make check" and submit a condensed version of the raw data.

If you feel like running a Linux (or other) client, let me know and
we can get it set up, I think my current plan is to run this only
once per night.

Poul-Henning