RFC: unify directors and backends vcl interface

Nils Goroll slink at schokola.de
Thu Sep 20 07:45:59 UTC 2018

On 19/09/2018 22:20, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> One thing I *really* miss right now is some serious high-end
> benchmarking, to inform decisions about how much CPU we can afford
> to "waste" on stuff like this.

Apologies for playing this back to you, but you seem to imply that we would need
some kind of run-time method resolution and this is in no way what I had been
thinking of when I proposed to dedicate an "object accessor" method.

Re Dridi:

On 19/09/2018 19:08, Dridi Boukelmoune wrote:
> That won't work when .backend() takes arguments *cough* hash *cough*.

Sure, I am aware that the simple text replacement example is a special case -
and it was only that, an example.

> I suggested in the past that "vmod-object ~ arg" syntax could automatically
> be turned into "vmod-object.match(arg)" when we have a matching (pun
> intended) "BOOL .match(SINGLE-ARG)" method.

+1

Nils