vtest status

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Jan 9 21:49:23 UTC 2019

--------
In message <1ca72b15-d581-4556-713a-a95106aa2d09 at haproxy.com>, Frederic Lecaille writes:

>> My suggestion for now, is to let vtest live as a "source code
>> library" on github and not build and distribute it as stand-alone
>> packages.
>
>Currently, vtest convert.sh script make copies of lib/libvarnish/*.c
>which are already compiled when compiling varnish sources providing
>lib/libvarnish.a library.

The convert.sh script is really only meant to show me what the
difference is between the copy of vtest in the varnish cache
project and in the vtest project.

>Could not this vtest library be compiled against lib/libvarnish.a
>library?

The problem is that if you install a varnish package you do not
have libvarnish.a, it is an internal static library.

>As far as we do not have to make copies of file from varnish sources
>to compile vtest this would help to its maintenance.

Precisely.

Watch out for a couple of commits...