vtest status

Frederic Lecaille flecaille at haproxy.com
Thu Jan 10 08:49:14 UTC 2019

On 1/9/19 10:49 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> In message <1ca72b15-d581-4556-713a-a95106aa2d09 at haproxy.com>, Frederic Lecaille writes:
>
>>> My suggestion for now, is to let vtest live as a "source code
>>> library" on github and not build and distribute it as stand-alone
>>> packages.
>>
>> Currently, vtest convert.sh script make copies of lib/libvarnish/*.c
>> which are already compiled when compiling varnish sources providing
>> lib/libvarnish.a library.
>
> The convert.sh script is really only meant to show me what the
> difference is between the copy of vtest in the varnish cache
> project and in the vtest project.

Ok.
>> Could not this vtest library be compiled against lib/libvarnish.a
>> library?

to be more accurate: lib/libvarnish/libvarnish.a

> The problem is that if you install a varnish package you do not
> have libvarnish.a, it is an internal static library.

Yes, I know that lib/libvarnishapi is exported.

I thought we would still have to compile the varnish sources before
compiling vtest, and give to this latter the path to
lib/libvarnish/libvarnish.a.

Anyway if we do not need the varnish sources anymore to compile
vtest this means varnish is perfectly modularized.

Great!