Purging. Now what?

Gaute Amundsen gaute at pht.no
Tue Nov 14 11:58:27 CET 2006

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 11:04, Trond Michelsen wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 09:53:39PM +0100, Anders Berg wrote:
> > With regards to your question about purging I must admit that I am
> > unsure what you are trying to achieve. Could we be talking corner
> > case here?
>
> It's possible that I have an edge case for you :)

Following the saying that one should allways try to make ones blunders in
front of people who can tell you where you whent wrong, I will hazard a
guess:

Your best option is to keep track of every single tile that gets generated,
and then do a match against that data to find what to purge when something
changes.
That way you can use your own regexps, in your own data, in the language of
your choice, to find all the exact urls to purge, that have actually been
served in your choosen period of time.

If things change only a few times a day, I think I would just parse the logs
there and then.

Gaute