Varnish version 2 and beyond

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Nov 22 17:18:01 CET 2006

In message <319e029f0611220815r68a85393u7e7d2b5b6121588 at mail.gmail.com>, "Lenna
rt Regebro" writes:
>For me SSL support is high on the list.
>
>Other than that, it gets to be a question of what path you want to go:
>More features, like URL rewrites, better virtual hosting, load
>balancing, etc, etc, or keeping it simple.

The idea behind the VCL language is to be able to have features and
still keep it simple.

Features implemented via VCL will be design be clearly isolated
(and testable!) because they are only activated if the VCL code says so.

>This works fine, but I would like to put Varnish in the front so I can
>have just one for multiple sites, which is why I's like SSL support.

SSL support is noted, but not currently on the short list for
version two.