OpebBSD port of Varnish

Rolf Sommerhalder rolf.sommerhalder at alumni.ethz.ch
Sun Oct 8 10:41:00 CEST 2006

Hello list

while attempting to build Varnish on OpenBSD-current I stumbled across
one tiny and a larger issue at ompile time:

1. varnish-1.0.1/lib/libvarnish/cli_common.c requires an additional
   #include <sys/types.h>
before
   #include <sys/uio.h>

With this tiny issue out of the way, the next one appears to be more
substantial:

2. varnish-1.0.1/lbin/varnishd/cache_acceptor_kqueue.c makes use of
the kevent filter EVFILT_TIMER which is apparently not supported in
OpenBSD.
Unfortunately, I am not fluent enough a kernel programmer to
paraphrase this kevent into an OpenBSD equivalent without considerable
effort up front.

Do you intend to increase portability and add support beyond Linux and
FreeBSD anyway?

I am looking forward to test Varnish under OpenBSD on i386, sparc and
sparc64 archs, and eventually to maintain an OpenBSD port/package.
Thank you for making Varnish available.

Regards,
Rolf