OpebBSD port of Varnish

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Mon Oct 9 12:12:08 CEST 2006

"Rolf Sommerhalder" <rolf.sommerhalder at alumni.ethz.ch> writes:
> 2. varnish-1.0.1/lbin/varnishd/cache_acceptor_kqueue.c makes use of
> the kevent filter EVFILT_TIMER which is apparently not supported in
> OpenBSD.
> Unfortunately, I am not fluent enough a kernel programmer to
> paraphrase this kevent into an OpenBSD equivalent without considerable
> effort up front.

Without EVFILT_TIMER, much of the point of using kqueue is gone.  I'd
suggest you try to lobby the OpenBSD developers to update their kqueue
implementation (FreeBSD has had EVFILT_TIMER for over five years).

> Do you intend to increase portability and add support beyond Linux and
> FreeBSD anyway?

I'm afraid it isn't high on our priority list.  We primarily target
the systems we use ourselves (FreeBSD 6 and 7, Ubuntu, RHEL / CentOS)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav
Senior Software Developer