Mail server downtime

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Thu Apr 19 17:34:49 CEST 2007

The postgrey (greylisting) server on projects.linpro.no died last
Friday for no discernible reason.  I was away until today, and nobody
else noticed that it wasn't working.

This means that from Friday evening until a short while ago, mail *to*
the lists was rejected with '450 server configuration error' message.
Depending on the configuration of the originating server, some of it
may have bounced.

Mail *from* the lists was unaffected, so commit messages have gone out
as usual (since they originate on projects.linpro.no itself, they are
not subject to greylisting).

Postgrey is back up, and I've set up a cron job to restart it every
night, just in case this happens again.  Unfortunately, it left no
trace in the logs, and I don't have time to track down why it failed
in the first place.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav