Varnishd and Supervisord

James james at nyi.net
Thu Apr 19 18:34:15 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list or not, but I am trying
to get Varnish working with Supervisord
(http://plope.org/software/supervisor2/).  The point of supervisord is
to make sure varnish is always running and restart it even in the case
of a crash.

The problem I am facing is that in order to work with Supervisord,
Varnish has to not daemonize. However, with the -d option, the main
child thread doesn't start until the start command is given via the
telnet interface. Therefore, if varnish crashes and is restarted, the
child process will need manual intervention. Is there any way to get the
child to start automatically even in debugging mode?

-- james