Virtual hosts and logfiles -- some problems

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Thu Apr 19 18:13:29 CEST 2007

Stephan Nedregaard <stephan at ymogen.net> writes:
> So far, what we've done is to output with -o and the RxHeader rule on
> the server side and redirected the output to a file. We then want to
> do the conversion on a separate server. However, varnishncsa doesn't
> seem to work very welll with stored files on any server.  :(

Of course - varnishncsa can't read the output from varnishlog.  It can
only read raw logs either from memory or from a file written with
varnishlog -w.

Basically, we need to fix varnishncsa so you can apply the filter
there (i.e. 'varnishncsa RxHeader '^Host: host.example.com')

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav
Senior Software Developer