1.1.1 progress

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sun Aug 12 23:48:43 CEST 2007

Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> writes:
>> Are there any OS X fixes in the 1.1 branch?
>
> Some, yes.  At least, I hope the -flat_namespace hack is no longer
> required, but I don't have a Mac to test on right now.

I just tried it, doing the following:

  $ svn co http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/svn/branches/1.1
  $ ./autogen.sh
  $ ./configure.sh --prefix=/path/to/install/dir
  $ make
  $ make install

And it works! I no longer have to do the libtool patch from
http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/ticket/118.

Note that my environment is maybe not 100% "normal", in that I have GNU
versions of various tools (including libtool) installed via MacPorts.
But I definitely had to do the workaround before, and I no longer do, so
I assume it's fixed.

If others can confirm, you may be able to close 118 now.

Thanks!
Martin

--
Acquisition is a jealous mistress