1.1.1 progress

Ricardo Newbery ric at digitalmarbles.com
Mon Aug 13 12:28:11 CEST 2007

On Aug 12, 2007, at 2:48 PM, Martin Aspeli wrote:

> Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
>> Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> writes:
>>> Are there any OS X fixes in the 1.1 branch?
>>
>> Some, yes.  At least, I hope the -flat_namespace hack is no longer
>> required, but I don't have a Mac to test on right now.
>
> I just tried it, doing the following:
>
>   $ svn co http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/svn/branches/1.1
>   $ ./autogen.sh
>   $ ./configure.sh --prefix=/path/to/install/dir
>   $ make
>   $ make install
>
> And it works! I no longer have to do the libtool patch from
> http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/ticket/118.
>
> Note that my environment is maybe not 100% "normal", in that I have
> GNU
> versions of various tools (including libtool) installed via MacPorts.
> But I definitely had to do the workaround before, and I no longer
> do, so
> I assume it's fixed.
>
> If others can confirm, you may be able to close 118 now.
>
> Thanks!
> Martin

Not so fast.  I still needed to update automake as per the
instructions on http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/wiki/Installation
(slightly modified since the autogen.sh file is now a little different).

Also, I think you meant  ./configure, not ./configure.sh

Running OS X 10.4.10 on an Intel Core Duo.  Mostly stock with just a
couple of Fink and MacPorts installed tools.

Ric