Varnish and awstats

jdouglas jdouglas at bksnetworks.com
Wed Aug 22 07:10:20 CEST 2007

Is there a trick to getting awstats to work with varnish?

I tried doing varnishncsa -a -w filename and then pointed awstats to this file but it gives me an error that the log format must be incorrect

Create/Update database for config "/etc/awstats/awstats.mmvk.hidden.net.conf" by AWStats version 6.7 (build 1.892) From data in log file "hidden/lb.log"... Phase 1 : First bypass old records, searching new record... Direct access after last parsed record (after line 9835) AWStats did not find any valid log lines that match your LogFormat parameter, in the 50th first non commented lines read of your log. Your log file /hidden/lb.log must have a bad format or LogFormat parameter setup does not match this format. Your AWStats LogFormat parameter is: 4 This means each line in your web server log file need to have "common log format" like this