Moving a redirect from backend to varnish

Kenneth Rørvik Kenneth.Rorvik at hio.no
Wed Jan 17 12:53:26 CET 2007

Kenneth Rørvik wrote:

> Now, provided I get the right test in place - the next question is how
> to handle the redirect itself. You could either send the request on to

Looks like the test is OK now. Next problem: piping to the server now
makes it impossible for the server to distinguish clients (since they
all come from varnish), so the next Q is:

How can I have varnish itself send a http 301 or 307 to the client with
the correct URL? Cannot find this documented, or on google for that matter.

--
Kenneth Rørvik, IT HiO
Tlf 22 45 20 83
Kenneth.Rorvik at hio.no