logging problems - "Pipe Shut"

Gaute Amundsen gaute at pht.no
Tue Jul 3 18:08:33 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 16:30, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
<snip>
> varnishncsa shouldn't care, as it processes the log file linearly, but I
> generally prefer to rotate by size.

Hm.. ok. But that would have me running awstats at odd times..
Wil just have to try it out I guess

> Is this a 32-bit machine, BTW?

It is. Quad Xeon 3 GHz.

>Could you try the attached patch?

Having some problems with that. My fault I'm sure, but I installed from the
RPM originaly, so I can't just re-run. Compilation goes fine, but the
binaries ends up widely different sizes. (5567 vs 168684)
before "make install" that is. After that it's 478984 vs 168684.
The source rpms are no different i presume?

Is there a way to get the binary made without doing an install?
I'd rather not do that on our production box..

Gaute