logging problems - "Pipe Shut"

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Wed Jul 4 09:47:56 CEST 2007

Gaute Amundsen <gaute at pht.no> writes:
> On Tuesday 03 July 2007 16:30, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> > Is this a 32-bit machine, BTW?
> It is. Quad Xeon 3 GHz.

Ah, OK, you won't be able to process log files larger than about 2 GB on
a 32-bit machine.  I should probably figure out a way to get around
that.

> > Could you try the attached patch?
> Having some problems with that. My fault I'm sure, but I installed
> from the RPM originaly, so I can't just re-run. Compilation goes fine,
> but the binaries ends up widely different sizes. (5567 vs 168684)
> before "make install" that is. After that it's 478984 vs 168684.  The
> source rpms are no different i presume?

What configure options did you use?  The difference in size is probably
due to debugging symbols.

> Is there a way to get the binary made without doing an install?

You can install into a staging directory (make install
DESTDIR=/tmp/varnish) and copy the files over manually if you prefer.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav
Senior Software Developer