Q: multiple backends

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Jul 6 12:15:37 CEST 2007

In message <20070705181517.GA5791 at falcon>, Christoph writes:
>Hi,
>
>are there any plans to include support for multiple backends in varnish?

You can already use multiple backens in Varnish.

>It would be great to have either fault-tolerance and/or simple
>load-balancing.

Yes, this is indeed on our plans,  I keep trying to get somebody to
tell me how it should work, but with very little luck :-)

Just saying "fault-tolerance" or "load-balancing" isn't saying much
you see, we need to formulate strategies and algorithms...