varnish increased the load

Releaselog | RLSLOG.net rlslog at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 17:15:46 CEST 2007

By load increased, I mean the load which is returned by server after
"uptime" command. It was previously at values about 1-3 out of the peak and
now it stays well above 6 most of the time, getting to something as high as
20 or 40 in the peak time (evenings). Overally, I think it's MySQL database
which is overloading, but there aren't many things in my mind which could
help the situation apart from buying next (expensive) server if you say
Varnish works fine at my box...

Martin