varnish increased the load

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Thu Jul 26 10:23:06 CEST 2007

"Releaselog | RLSLOG.net" <rlslog at gmail.com> writes:
> By load increased, I mean the load which is returned by server after
> "uptime" command. It was previously at values about 1-3 out of the
> peak and now it stays well above 6 most of the time, getting to
> something as high as 20 or 40 in the peak time (evenings). Overally, I
> think it's MySQL database which is overloading, but there aren't many
> things in my mind which could help the situation apart from buying
> next (expensive) server if you say Varnish works fine at my box...

You provide very little information, and you don't seem to have made any
attempt to troubleshoot the problem yourself.  All I can say is that
from the looks of the HTTP headers I get from your site, Varnish seems
to cache most of it for 120 seconds.  I have no idea what you used
before Varnish, nor how it was configured, so I can't tell if that's an
improvement.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav