misc connection closures

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Mon Jul 30 15:42:42 CEST 2007

Janis Putrams <janis.putrams at delfi.lv> writes:
> We put our images behind varnish-1.0.4 serving ~1.5k req/sec and load
> is staying low which is great.

Varnish 1.0.4 has numerous known bugs and shortcomings.  You should
seriously consider upgrading to 1.1.

> Though when reaching 2k req/sec we start to encounter connection
> closures. Connection gets closed immediately after connection is
> established.

Sounds like you're running out of worker threads.  Varnish will start
bouncing clients off like that when all the worker threads are busy and
there are as many connections waiting in the queue as there are being
processed.

> varnishstat:
> 00:01:22

It's only been running for 82 seconds, so the numbers aren't going to
tell us much.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav