misc connection closures

Janis Putrams janis.putrams at delfi.lv
Mon Jul 30 16:29:41 CEST 2007

Hi!

You were right.
ulimit -a reported max 1024 open files for the user.
Connections started to be closed when lsof reported that limit. varnish slave
process also dies when that happens.

setting
/etc/security/limits.conf
* soft nofile 4096
* hard nofile 4096

/etc/pam.d/other
session    required   pam_limits.so

and restarting varnish solved problem.

tnx everybody for help. will look into 1.1 as well.

--
Janis