Small varnish 1.1 test with openrealty and joomla.

James james at nyi.net
Tue Jul 31 03:58:19 CEST 2007

eculp at encontacto.net wrote:
> I have a couple of questions:
>
>    1.  Is the above the best way to cache dynamically generated CMS pages?

I'm trying to do something similar and it seems to be the recommended
way to cache pages even when cookies are present.

>    2.  I am running it without vhosts.  I have tried and cannot get vhosts
>        to work.  The only thing that I've found that might work would be
>        the vcl routines for multiple vhost backends from the vcl man page:

I'll let other people more experienced answer that one.

>    3.  I'm also running eaccelerator for php.  Is that a good idea?

eAccelerator, or any php cache (like xcache or apc) is really a side
issue from Varnish. I've used all of those before with not much trouble.
I would recommend its usage.

-- james