SNMP support

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon May 14 12:28:26 CEST 2007

In message <1179138385.18576.4.camel at supernova>, Marco Ramos writes:

>Will Varnish have SNMP support in the future? It would be very nice to
>have a Varnish MIB to check how things are going.

First off, I'm not sure I agree, but I am biased, I've been around
since SNMPv1 :-)

Second, implementing SNMP support in a portable way is unfortunately the
same as implementing all of SNMP, there are no agreed on portable
API's for implementing SNMP. (Another POSIX failure there).

Thirdly, somebody would have to sponsor the work.

So I would say the answer to your question is: "unlikely".