varnishncsa ignoring SIGHUP?

Eirik Øverby ltning at anduin.net
Thu May 17 19:52:14 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm suspecting that varnishncsa (from 1.0.3) doesn't actually listen
to a SIGHUP - I'm unable to make it re-open its logfile.

To work around this I'm currently logging to a FIFO and using another
tool (flog) to pick up and rotate the logs, but I thought it was
worth mentioning.

FYI this is on FreeBSD 6.2. Not sure if it has something to do with
the way I'm starting it or a bug in varnishncsa; I hacked together an
rc script which, after I discovered this, does what I describe above.
If anyone has an interest in the script let me know.

/Eirik