Varnish crash (SIGABRT) about every 10 mins

Gea-Suan Lin gslin at gslin.org
Thu Nov 8 19:45:40 CET 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 05:39:45PM +0100, Dag-Erling Sm鷨grav wrote:
> Gea-Suan Lin <gslin at gslin.org> writes:
> > We found they will run out of memory.
>
> Hmm, you must be running 1.1; try switching to branches/1.2.  It
> shouldn't run out of memory.
>
> Here's a patch I think should help with the SES_Delete() issue, BTW.
> I will commit it (or something similar) once I've confirmed that it
> actually fixes the bug.

I checkout the latest version in trunk (r2231), apply the patch, and
find no object being cached. (telnet to management port and use "stats"
to check)

Now I run it without the patch and the server just crash and no
information to debug:

Child not responding to ping
Child not responding to ping
Child not responding to ping
Cache child died pid=49696 status=0x9
Clean child
Child cleaned
start child pid 49747
Child said (2, 49747): <<Child starts
sizeof(struct ws) = 48
sizeof(struct http) = 584
sizeof(struct http_conn) = 48
sizeof(struct acct) = 64
sizeof(struct worker) = 1232
sizeof(struct workreq) = 24
sizeof(struct bereq) = 656
sizeof(struct storage) = 72
sizeof(struct object) = 824
sizeof(struct objhead) = 56
sizeof(struct sess) = 448
sizeof(struct vbe_conn) = 48
sizeof(struct backend) = 88
managed to mmap 34359738368 bytes of 34359738368
Ready
CLI ready

--
* Gea-Suan Lin  (public key: Using https://keyserver.pgp.com/ to search)
* If you cannot convince them, confuse them.           -- Harry S Truman