VCL.List Output

Anders Nordby anders at fupp.net
Thu Sep 6 09:03:28 CEST 2007

Hi!

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 05:30:19PM -0400, James Quacinella wrote:
> I ask only because I could not seem to unload a certain configuration
> using vcl.discard, which prompted me to stop and start the child so that
> I could. Thats no big deal as its not on a production environment yet.
> The commands I executed were as follows:
>
> varnishadm -T x.x.x.x:8080 vcl.use boot
> varnishadm -T x.x.x.x:8080 vcl.list
> *       1 boot
>         1 config
> varnishadm -T x.x.x.x:8080 vcl.load config1
> /usr/local/etc/varnish/static.vcl
> varnishadm -T x.x.x.x:8080 vcl.load config2
> /usr/local/etc/varnish/static_and_dynamic.vcl
> varnishadm -T x.x.x.x:8080 vcl.list
> *       1 boot
>         1 config
>         0 static
>         0 static_and_dynamic
> varnishadm -T x.x.x.x:8080 vcl.discard config
>
> Which returns an error. Any idea why that one config was still 'busy'?

I think you meant to write that you loaded static.vcl with config name
static, and static_and_dynamic.vcl with config name static_and_dynamic.
In any case, there are issues with loaded configs getting stuck. Please
see, and report to ticket 145:
http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/ticket/145

Cheers,

--