cache empties itself?

Sascha Ottolski ottolski at web.de
Thu Apr 3 19:58:49 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag 03 April 2008 19:30:25 schrieb Michael S. Fischer:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Sascha Ottolski <ottolski at web.de>
wrote:
> >  All this with 1.1.2. It's vital to my setup to cache as many
> > objects as possible, for a long time, and that they really stay in
> > the cache. Is there anything I could do to prevent the cache being
> > emptied? May be I've been bitten by a bug and should give the trunk
> > a shot?
>
> Just set the Expires: headers on the origin (backend) server
>
> --Michael

thanks for the hint. unfortunately, not quite what I want. I want
varnish to keep the objects very long, so that it not has to ask the
backend to often. therefore, it's important that the cache keeps
growing, instead of vanishing once in a while.

and I don't wan't upstream caches or browsers to cache that long, only
varnish, so setting headers doesn't seem to fit.

Cheers, Sascha