Run-away log, how to analyse

Martijn Pieters · Jarn mj at jarn.com
Thu Aug 21 13:31:22 CEST 2008

We run varnishd from trunk, revision 3020. This morning the 13GB
harddisk of one of our varnish servers was filled to the brim by a
rapidly expanding varnishlog output (varnishlog -a -w). The logfile
grew 5 GB in about 15 minutes.

I managed to move the logfile off the system and start varnish again
(running out of disk space caused it to die, it seems). I'd like to
analyse this log to see what caused it to fill so quickly. Any hints
on where I should begin to look, and what tools to use?

Martijn Pieters · Senior Developer, Jarn · www.jarn.com

    Plone Solutions, Development, Hosting and Support

          Plone Solutions is now known as Jarn
                www.jarn.com/name-change