Varnish hangs .

Paras Fadte plfgoa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 06:52:36 CET 2008

Hi,

I have encountered a strange problem with varnish wherein it just
hangs and stops responding to http requests even though it is in
running state . The backends run without issue , one can telnet to
varnish console also . What could be the issue ? I had downloaded
varnish from trunk also to check if this issue goes but it tends to
reoccur .   I get following messages in varnishlog .

0 VCL_return   - discard
    0 ExpKill      - 958922603 -30
    0 ExpPick      - 958922604 ttl
    0 VCL_call     - timeout
    0 VCL_return   - discard
    0 ExpKill      - 958922604 -30
    0 ExpPick      - 958922605 ttl
    0 VCL_call     - timeout
    0 VCL_return   - discard
    0 ExpKill      - 958922605 -30
    0 ExpPick      - 958930071 prefetch
    0 VCL_call     - prefetch
    0 VCL_return   - fetch
    0 Debug        - "Attempt Prefetch 958930071"
    0 ExpPick      - 958922606 ttl
    0 VCL_call     - timeout
    0 VCL_return   - discard
    0 ExpKill      - 958922606 -30
    0 ExpPick      - 958930072 prefetch
    0 VCL_call     - prefetch
    0 VCL_return   - fetch
    0 Debug        - "Attempt Prefetch 958930072"
    0 ExpPick      - 959145014 ttl
    0 VCL_call     - timeout
    0 VCL_return   - discard

Thanks in advance.