vcl-mode for emacs
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen
ssm at linpro.no
Mon Feb 18 10:17:33 CET 2008
I've created a "vcl-mode" for emacs. It does indenting and syntax
If anyone else out there is still using emacs, I'd be very happy if
you could try it out, and see if anyting is surprising, strange or
missing. It should work with both emacs and xemacs, but I have not
tested the latter.
It's available at:
* Put the file "vcl-mode.el" somewhere in your load-path
("C-h v load-path RET" shows the contents of the load-path variable)
* Add the following line to your emacs init file, often "~/.emacs"
* Evaluate the "require" line with "C-x C-e" at the end of that line,
or start a new emacs.
* Open a file ending in ".vcl". You should have syntaax highlighting
and indentation with tab.
The mode can be customized with "M-x customize-group RET vcl RET"
* "Vcl Indent Level" indicates the number of spaces used to indent to
the next level. Default 8
* "Vcl Indent Tabs Mode" indicates wether spaces can be replaced by
TAB characters when indenting. Default is "nil", which means no
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen, Linpro
More information about the varnish-misc