varnish on flash drives

Rob Tucker rob.g.tucker at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 04:17:01 CET 2008

The flash drive I have support 1M cycles so if I treat it as circular
buffer and keep writing to it, at my rate, it would last me more than
10 years.
So it is not a concern. So if I go ahead with this config, I wonder if
it would work out ok. i.e.
1) Can I choose a FIFO replacement policy that ensures writes happen
sequentially to the media.
2) Would randomly reading one object that is not in memory result in
more than 1 access on the underlying device. Objects I'm talking about
would rarely exceed 10KB.

Rob

>Flash Drives are bad for systems with a high io-load (Flash Drives
have poor write Performance and a limited count of write access).