purge.hash in trunk

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Jul 14 21:33:35 CEST 2008

In message <92E32C99-23A8-49B8-9B73-93710C33875F at F4.ca>, Skye Poier Nott writes
:
>Updated to r2945 today, is purge.hash changed or broken?
>
>This works:
>
>purge.url .
>purge.hash .
>
>But none of these have any effect:
>
>purge.hash .#.#

This would only purge single character urls on single character
host names.

Try:
	purge.hash .*#.*#

for wider matching

>(The last trunk rev I was using had #host#path but now it's
>host#path# ?  It would be nice if 'help purge.hash' mentioned the
>current expected format)

The expected format is what vcl_hash {} set up, and since the
user can redefine that function, a constant help message would
have good chances of being confusing.