running varnish-2.0.2 on Sun

Armando Singer armando.singer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 01:35:06 CET 2009

>> | Does anyone have an idea what has caused this?
>>
>> Not really, no.  I'm going to get a buildbot slave going on Solaris so
>> we'll hopefully be able to avoid such bugs in the future.  If you have
>> found a solution, patches are more than welcome.
>>
> We set VCC_CC in config.h to be gcc rather than cc and now it compiles the
> VCL file with no problem.

Or, if using Sun Studio Compiler (I'm using Sun Studio Express 11/08)

Change the following:

#define VCC_CC "cc -Kpic -G -o %o %s"

to:

#define VCC_CC "cc -m64 -mt -Kpic -G -o %o %s"

For 64 bit architectures -m64 must be set. This should probably be
default. Not sure if compiled VCL is multithreaded, but i put in -mt.

You might want to put -fast in there as well.

Cheers,
Armando