varnishadm purge.list broken?

Gaute Amundsen gaute at pht.no
Wed Feb 25 22:18:49 CET 2009

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 19:55:54 Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Gaute Amundsen <gaute at pht.no> writes:
> > Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> writes:
> > > There is no "purge.list" command.
> >
> > No?
>
> Sorry, I was looking at the parent commands; purge.list is a child
> command.
>
> You didn't mention which version you're running, but it looks like a
> varnishadm or cli bug.  You shouldn't get "an error occured in receiving
> answer" when the list is empty - you should get an empty result.  Have
> you tried connecting directly with telnet?
>
> DES

I mentioned varnish-2.0.3, i don't think varnishadm has it's ow version
number?
Telnet works! I thought I had tried it..
Returns a _massive_ list.
Any ref. on how to interpret what I see?

Hey! Wait!
This time of night I can restart varnish and guess what?
varnishadm purge.list started working!

Must have been something in that list.
We pass 90% of traffic here, so far. Perhaps related?

another matter:
I can't seem to find any info on how to use this.

Gaute

--
Programmerer - Pixelhospitalet AS
Prinsessealleen 50, 0276 Oslo