100% Transparent Reverse Proxy

Ryan Chan ryanchan404 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 06:10:45 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have serveral web sites running on Apache/PHP, I want to install a
Transparent Reverse Proxy (e.g. squid, varnish) to cache the static stuff.
(By looking at expire or LM resposne header)

However, one of my requirements is that neither client (browser) or server
(Apache/PHP) is aware of existences of that proxy.

E.g.

Client will not see header such as via, age etc.
Server will not see header such as X-Forwarded-For

I want to ask: Is it possible to do the above stuffs using varnish?

Thanks.