Varnish virtual memory usage

Henry Paulissen h.paulissen at qbell.nl
Wed Nov 4 23:53:34 CET 2009

No, varnishd still usages way more than allowed.
The only solutions I found at the moment are:

Run on x64 linux and restart varnish every 4 hours (crontab).
Run on x32 linux (all is working as expected but you cant allocate more as
4G each instance).

I hope linpro will find this issue and address it.

Again @ linpro: if you need a machine (with live traffic) to run some tests,
please contact me.
We have multiple machines in high availability, so testing and rebooting a
instance wouldn’t hurt us.

Regards.