Varnish virtual memory usage

cripy ccripy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 21:22:04 CET 2009

I experienced this same issue under x64.  Varnish seemed great but once I
put some real traffic on it under x64 the memory leaks began and it would
eventually crash/restart.

Ended up putting Varnish on the back burner and have been waiting for it to
stabilize before even trying to present it to upper management again.

Varnish has great potential but until it can run stable under x64 it's got a
long fight ahead of itself.

(I do want to note that my comments are based mainly on varnish 1 and not
varnish 2.0)

--cripy