Caching POSTs

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Fri Nov 6 16:57:10 CET 2009

Hi,

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009, rtshilston at gmail.com wrote:

> I thoroughly disagree with this use of HTTP.  If a request makes an impact on a system, then it should use POST (eg login, pay, delete).  However, if it has no write-behaviour (other than, perhaps, logging) then it must be GET.

This kind of behaviour seems quite frequent in the context of webservices which are often POST only.

This is of course not the classic use case of varnish between client browsers and webservers.

Greetings
Christian Kratzer
CK Software GmbH

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de                  Schwarzwaldstr. 31