vcl_timeout and fetch

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at redpill-linpro.com
Fri Nov 27 10:30:40 CET 2009

]] ll

Hi,

| If the backend takes a long time to generate an object there is a risk
| of a thread pile up. In order to prevent this you can enable
| grace. This allows varnish to serve an expired version of the object
| while a fresh object is being generated by the backend.
|
| how can it have the prefetch function ??

I did not say it was the same thing, I said it solves the same problem
that people are trying to solve with prefetch, namely thread pileups
when you have many clients waiting on an object to come back from the
backend.  Since you don't seem to think it solves your problem, what is
the problem you are trying to solve?

Regards,
--
Tollef Fog Heen