#551: Varnish Crash: Missing errorhandling code in HSH_Prepare(), cache_hash.c line 188

Kristian Lyngstol kristian at redpill-linpro.com
Wed Sep 16 19:03:11 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 09:54:25AM -0700, Ken Brownfield wrote:
> Ah, I stand corrected.  But I was definitely having random crashes
> when I enabled the vcl_fetch() section below:
(...)

> I'm a bit loathe to reenable this to get a full stacktrace and gdb
> output, but if there's really nothing wrong with this I might consider
> it.

Nothing wrong with it, but my first guess would be obj_workspace being
overloaded, which would look similar to #551 unless you know exactly what
to look for.

> Also, using trunk (a couple weeks ago) I can't reference obj in
> vcl_fetch() at all, which I assumed was an intentional side-step of
> the #310 bug.

Nope, it's just renamed beresp. For now, it's still the same thing for all
intents and purposes, but the idea is to only fetch headers so as to be
able to go from fetch to pipe in some unknown future.

- Kristian