#551: Varnish Crash: Missing errorhandling code in HSH_Prepare(), cache_hash.c line 188

Ken Brownfield kb+varnish at slide.com
Wed Sep 16 18:54:25 CEST 2009

Ah, I stand corrected.  But I was definitely having random crashes
when I enabled the vcl_fetch() section below:

sub vcl_recv {
	set req.http.Unmodified-Host = req.http.Host;
	set req.http.Unmodified-URL = req.url;
sub vcl_fetch {
	set obj.http.X-Token-URL = req.url;
	set obj.http.X-Original-URL = req.http.Unmodified-URL;
	set obj.http.X-Token-Host = req.http.Host;
	set obj.http.X-Original-Host = req.http.Unmodified-Host;
	set obj.http.X-Set-Cookie = obj.http.Set-Cookie;

I'm a bit loathe to reenable this to get a full stacktrace and gdb
output, but if there's really nothing wrong with this I might consider
it.

Also, using trunk (a couple weeks ago) I can't reference obj in
vcl_fetch() at all, which I assumed was an intentional side-step of
the #310 bug.

Thx,
--
Ken