varnish with ssl

Gerhard Schmidt schmidt at ze.tum.de
Wed Apr 7 14:47:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've a Problem using varnish and ssl. I trying to setup varnish to act as
reverse proxy for our website.

I need both unencrypted requests and requests via ssl.

I know that varnish can not accept ssl connections itself. So I tried to setup
stunnel to accept connections. That's not the problem. The problem I have is
that I loose information from which IP the request originated.

Are there plans to include ssl in varnish directly or is there a setup to
retain this information.

Regards
	Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt                | E-Mail: schmidt at ze.tum.de
Technische Universität München |
WWW & Online Services          |
Tel: +49 89 289-25270          | PGP-PublicKey
Fax: +49 89 289-25257          | on request