Possible (probable...) varnish 2.1.3 bug...

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Thu Aug 5 09:13:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 12:25 AM, Michael Loftis <mloftis at wgops.com> wrote:

> Varnishlog does not filter as advertised when using the -o option.  I don't
> know what it *does* do, but it most certainly isn't "to select only requests
> which generated a log entry with the given
>    tag whose contents match the given regex."

Where is the quote from?

>  I just get a bunch of
> entries -- seems like all of them from files, and completely random ones
> from shared memory, none of which have my match even
>
> (IP REPLACED BELOW)
> varnishlog -r <LOGFILE> -o RxStatus 503

The -o option doesn't take options. It just groups the transactions
together. You probably mean the -I or -i option. Check the man page
(online at http://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/reference/varnishlog/).

--
Per Buer,  Varnish Software
Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / skype: per.buer