Child panics on OpenSolaris

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Feb 17 11:04:29 CET 2010

In message <4B7BBDFA.7080502 at schokola.de>, Nils Goroll writes:
>Hi Poul-Henning and all,
>
>> We need CFLAGS to contain -mt on solaris, otherwise errno does not
>> get macro-fied to be per-thread.
>>
>> That's where the: EBADF comes from, some entirely different
>> filedescriptor a long time ago, in the master process...
>
>Fantastic. Thank you for putting so much effort into this.
>
>But also: Stupid I didn't think about this. See how I'm compiling varnish since
>I started working with it:

Yeah, we clearly need to improve the autocrap magic a bit to get stuff
like this right.

I have added a runtime test now, which panics the child process if the
errno variable is not working properly.

>VCC_CC="exec gcc -fpic -D_REENTRANT -m64 -shared -o %o %s"

Right now our VCC_CC default is for the sun-compiler I think ("-Kpic"),

That's another piece of autocrap stuff that needs fixed...