Compiling VCL with pcc

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Fri Jan 22 18:31:37 CET 2010

Hello,

I have run into the same issue as others (like
http://projects.linpro.no/pipermail/varnish-misc/2007-November/001123.html).
I have netbooted machines with a trimmed down FreeBSD release, which of
course doesn't have such large things like a C compiler (gcc).

So I have three ways to get out of this problem:
1 install gcc (I can't and don't want currently)
2 use a small C compiler
3 use precompiled configuration

As there is no trace for the third solution, I've tried to compile the
configuration with pcc, because it's small enough for me to include that.

I've got this:
Message from C-compiler:
major internal compiler error: ./vcl.1P9zoqAU.c, line 434
Running C-compiler failed, exit 1
VCL compilation failed

So my questions are:
- will 3 be possible in the near future?
- can anything be made to make pcc usable with varnish?

Thanks,