Compiling VCL with pcc

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Jan 25 11:10:32 CET 2010

In message <4B59E0F9.9060107 at fsn.hu>, Attila Nagy writes:

>So I have three ways to get out of this problem:
>1 install gcc (I can't and don't want currently)
>2 use a small C compiler
>3 use precompiled configuration

>So my questions are:
>- will 3 be possible in the near future?

I have no plans about implementing this, because the content of the
compiled configuration is very tightly bound to the varnishd internals
so I really don't want to add a lot of complexity to prevent version
skew.

>- can anything be made to make pcc usable with varnish?

Report the trouble to the pcc people.  Run varnishd
with -C option to capture a copy of the C program
which pcc is being asked to compile.  Check the
line number and see what it chokes on.