Bug fix 601 - Will be in the next release?

John Norman john at 7fff.com
Thu Jan 28 04:54:06 CET 2010

Yes, but the workarounds seem to replace x-forwarded-for with another
header, e.g., X-Real-Forwarded-For
(https://wiki.fourkitchens.com/display/PF/Workaround+for+Varnish+X-Forwarded-For+bug).

And the FAQ entry
(http://varnish-cache.org/wiki/FAQ#HowcanIlogtheclientIPaddressonthebackend)
seems to assume that there is nothing fronting Varnish that has
already added an x-forwarded-for header (which is what the bug is
about).

In any case, I assume that the fix for bug 601 will go into the next
release . . .