thread_pool_max - is it total of all thread pools?

Caunter, Stefan scaunter at topscms.com
Thu Jul 15 19:19:57 CEST 2010

Hi, running varnish on dual processor, dual core system with 4GB ram, we
hit thread pool limit (500) this morning, and so are defining 4 thread
pools, 200 min, and a 2500 maximum limit.

I now see 800 threads created on start. I cannot see in the docs
anything that says max limit is for all thread pools. We've set
kern.threads.max_threads_per_proc to 4096 and increased the other tuning
settings.

Can we assume thread_pool_max is the summary of all thread pools?

Can we get the thread pool maximum higher with better hardware and a
custom kernel set for higher tuning settings?

Stefan Caunter :: Senior Systems Administrator :: TOPS

e: scaunter at topscms.com  ::  m: (416) 561-4871

www.thestar.com www.topscms.com