munin plugin varnish_ - feature request: support multiple varnish instances

Harald Friessnegger harald at webmeisterei.com
Mon Jun 21 10:21:04 CEST 2010

hi Bjørn

thanks for you feedback.

if i uderstand correctly multigraph plugins allow me to draw multiple graphs
with a single script/symlink in /etc/munin/plugins.

however we've still got a problem with backward compatibility since
users of the varnish_ plugin need to change their symlinks:

from varnish_expunge to

a) varnish_project1_expunge (using the solution proposed initially in this
thread) or

b) varnish_project1 (after making varnish_ a multigraph plugin)

i agree that changing symlinks "is no big deal" but i'm wondering what
Kristian Lyngstol - the author of the script - thinks about this change.

  The varnish-tools repository is the canonical upstream for this plugin.
  Please send patches to Kristian Lyngstol <kristian at redpill-linpro.com>
  and/or varnish-misc at projects.linpro.no for inclusion before adding to
  munin trunk.

regards, harald

--
Webmeisterei GmbH - Büro für Netzfragen
Tel: +43 5572 908877,  Fax: +43 5572 908877-66